Clerk Orr reminds voters to review districts, polling locations
Feb. 22, 2012
Clerk David Orr announced Wednesday that new voter registration cards have been mailed to suburban Cook County's approximately 1.38 million active registered voters.
"I encourage every voter to review their voter registration card because your voting districts and polling location may have changed," Orr said.
The notice includes:
- A voter registration card, which displays new Congressional, State Senate, State Representative, and Cook County Board of Review districts reflecting any changes due to redistricting;
- Election Day polling location, which may have changed due to precinct consolidation;
- Closest Early Voting site;
- Early Voting dates and tips;
- Vote by mail guidelines;
- Tips on finding more information at cookcountyclerk.com or by calling one of our hotline phone numbers.
Orr urges voters to use cookcountyclerk.com to see maps of the new districts. Voters can use the online Voter Information Tool to find directions to their polling places, sample ballots, candidate statements and more.
The mailed notices will also serve as a canvass. Any notices returned as undeliverable to the Clerk's office will be used to update voter statuses prior to the Nov. 6, 2012 Presidential Election.
Media contact: Courtney Greve, 312.603.0931, email@example.com