David Orr, Cook County Clerk
Vital Records
Elections - Suburban Cook County
Real Estate and Tax Services
Ethics Filings
County Board Proceedings
News Room

ID Requirements for Marriage Licenses

One form of ID if submitting one of the following:
  • State drivers license
  • State identification
  • U.S. passport
  • U.S. Armed Forces identification card

- OR -

Two of these forms of ID:
  • Certified copy of Birth Certificate (English translations required for foreign certificates must be notarized)
  • U.S. naturalization certificate
  • U.S. resident alien card
  • Life insurance policy (at least 1 year old)
  • Foreign passport
  • Baptismal record (date of birth must appear)
  • Consulate identification card (matricula)